iOS SDK Overview
iOS SDK Overview
Mappedin SDK for iOS helps you deliver the rich indoor mapping experience of your venue, designed in Mappedin CMS, inside your iOS apps.
In this overview, we will go through the basic concepts that will be help you understand how the SDK works. In further sections, we'll also go through the setup and usage of Mappedin SDK for iOS.
The SDK automatically handles any authentication, fetching of the map data, its display, and basic user interaction, such as zoom, and moving. The SDK allows you to build your own interactions. You can render your own additional layers on top of the map that the SDK renders. Refer to our guides to learn more about it.
The Mappedin SDK for iOS has a dependency on Mapbox SDK for iOS. This helps us focus on indoor mapping experience, and have a smooth and efficient rendering, thanks to Mapbox.
This also means that you'll be able to use some features of the Mapbox SDK too, most prominently, the styles
- The SDK allows you to render your venue's maps in 3D and 2D natively.
- The SDK also pulls the most up to date data from our mapping CMS for all your points of interest within your venue.
- The SDK supports drawing navigation paths and providing instructions to and from any point of interest within the venue. Both accessible and non-accessible optimized routes are supported.
- With the help of Mapbox you can use iOS positioning services to display user location. Mappedin's SDK doesn't provide an indoor location service, but is compatible with any service that can provide a position in the form of a latitude and longitude.
- Mappedin SDK doesn't provide indoor location.
- The SDK supports basic camera functions on the map view.
- The SDK is written natively in Swift.
- You can use Mapbox styles with Mappedin SDK too.
The next sections will let you setup the SDK and customize it further.