Mappedin Digital Directory
Mappedin Digital Directory
Mappedin’s Digital Directory is designed and tested to run on modern versions of the Windows Operating system (10). Other operating systems, like OSX and Linux, are not supported. It is compatible with the following versions of Windows:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
The Mappedin Digital Directory platform is designed and tested to run in a specific environment, this includes deployment through the Mappedin Update Service which handles the deployment of the directory software, updates, monitoring tools and ensures constant operation.
To run Mappedin’s Digital Directory on a 1080p Display the requirements are:
- Windows 10 Pro
- Sufficiently powerful hardware such as the Intel NUC7CJYH or better, but other PCs may work with the right specs:
- Intel Core i7-6700T Processor or better
- 8GB of RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 520 or better, at least 1 HDMI 1.4a port or higher
- Storage: 128 GB SSD
- Touch screen detectable by Windows, acting in touch mode (NOT mouse emulation)
- Periodic access to the internet for data and software updates
- Access to the domains listed under the Required Domain Access section
For 4K Displays, the hardware requirements increase. A dedicated graphics card is advised (NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 or better) and a more powerful PC Intel NUC817HVK or better.
Mappedin’s Digital Directory is designed and tested to run on modern versions of the Windows Operating system (10). Other operating systems, like OSX and Linux, are not supported.
Someone must launch Digital Directory for the first time, authenticate with the credentials provided by Mappedin, and select the specific Digital Directory that should be displayed on the unit. This step can be performed locally by anyone with access to the credentials and a keyboard.
Digital Directory is designed to run full screen, landscape or portrait, in 4K or 1080p. It operates under the assumption that it is taking up the entire screen on the display unit. In situations where that is not the case, any accommodations must be made wholly by the parent application. It will not dynamically resize, and cannot be made to occupy a portion of the screen while the remainder is used by the parent application.
Digital Directory can not be modified to work with special or custom APIs available on the parent application. Digital Directory will reset its UI to the default state on its own if untouched for a period of time. It also cannot show custom content provided by the parent application
The hardware must at least meet our minimum specs, but the actual requirements for a good user experience may be higher depending on the performance profile of the parent application. In addition, 4K may require a higher min spec. The touch screen must also act as a touch screen, and not emulate the mouse.
Digital Directory must be able to periodically connect to the Mappedin API to download updates and new venue information. Directions, images, the maps, etc are cached locally for offline support, but will become stale as the data in the Mappedin CMS is updated.
All of the above criteria MUST be met in order for Digital Directory to function.
The Mappedin Dynamic Directory must be able to access the following domains through the network:
To allow Mappedin’s customer success team remote access to the kiosk please allow access to the domain:
- Connect to a stable internet connection within range of the player
- Configure the timezone for your region to ensure the correct current time displays on the directory header
- Set theresolution to 1080p (1080x1920) or 4K (2160x3840). The reverse dimensions can be used for the landscape version of our directory in either 1080p or 4K
- Ensure Mappedin’s Digital Directory can occupy 100% of the screen space on the display unit
- In your browser, navigate to: https://apps.mappedin.com/mi-installer.exe
- Once complete, open and run
NOTE: If you notice the installer hanging, you can press
Enter to further prompt the process to complete.
- When the installer completes, you will be prompted to log in
- Log in using your Mappedin credentials
- Click Select Directory for the appropriate venue
- Click Install
- Click Install for one of the following environments:
NOTE: Production directories should only be installed when they are going live. This selection will start reporting and sending analytics back to your Mappedin dashboard(s).
TIP: F9 will allow you to uninstall and then re-install an application, if there has been an error.
- Start Task Manager
- Navigate to the Details tab
- Navigate back to Processes tab
End Taskfor Mappedin Directory